Friday, January 1, 2010

2010, Jody Whatley "Looking forward"


In the Spirit of the New Year, Jody Whatley asks an interesting series of questions on her blog:

Having said that memories and looking back are also important. What did you learn about yourself? Did you achieve what you wanted? Did you make better decisions for yourself, adjusting your sails when you needed to? Memories do serve us, they can be a litmus test for good things if you use them well as a reminder of what we did wrong and what we got right. Memories can also make us smile or sharpen our focus and improve as people.


What did I learn about myself? I learned what sort of things triggered negative thoughts in my life, I learned to recognize these events in near real time, and developed a tool kit that allows me to counter depressive events, negative trains of thought with good, uplifting positive thoughts. Something so strong and uplifting, like the opening notes of a song that can make me straighten out my shoulders, lift my chin up to look at the world straight in the eye with a smile that says I am wiser, smarter, and I'm going to have that beautiful life. And I am not going to feel guilty about loving myself.


Did you achieve what you wanted? No, but never the less I achieved things of great value . I didn't buy a house, marry, start a family, start a business, become financially independent. In fact these dreams I had as a younger man became lost in the mud of life and my epiphany this summer cleared the waters, so that I can work to reclaim my dreams. And have new dreams. It took 8 months, but I found a new job where I can make a little bit more money, just enough to give me the room I need to lay claim to my dreams, just enough room to go back to my creative roots, my dancing, being a musician, being a singer, my acting, my writing.

Did you make better decisions for yourself, adjusting your sails when you needed to? Oh man, this whole experience has been more than an adjustment of my sails, I put up a new mast and all new canvass on this baby, and now shes fast sleek and a lot more maneuverable. I have a business plan for my life, I learned how and why I would sabotage myself, and yes, I'm making better decisions for myself.

Memories do serve us, they can be a litmus test for good things if you use them well as a reminder of what we did wrong and what we got right. I have a memory. About an ex-girlfriend, "the one that got away", she could make love with her soul, in the middle of a dance floor surrounded by 100 people she could touch my hair above my ear with her fingers, look deep into my eyes and simply take us away to a private cosmic place, like another universe that was just ours. I didn't know a woman could do that. My mind thought it should be possible, but my heart and soul had no clue.

I experienced that true pure love one time, I want it again, I know its real. And now I have the emotional foundation nesessary to attract the woman/soulmate I want, and the financial foundation is soon to be.


I know, I can, I will, full-fill, my dreams. :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment