Thursday, December 24, 2009

My love for myself has taken over....... my life.

On September 15th, 2009 in mid epiphany, not sure if I was going crazy, not knowing if I could hold on to who I was, I started to realized I was in the middle of a good thing, I didn't know what it was, but it was good, the crazy waves of emotional joy and trauma started to slow in frequency and intensity. So I called my Mom. I tried to tell her what I was going thru, and you know what, she understood what was happening to me more than I could have hoped for.

A few days later we talked again, I told her I had learned about depressive triggers, things I did, or let be done to me, that in essence turned my spirit towards depression, and how I had learned to see these triggers much quicker and earlier. My Mom told me of a conversation she had over 40 years ago with a marriage councilor, that went something like this: when you start to feel like your getting down you need to play some uplifting music, music that compells you to dance. For my Mom that was Latin music ( I remember my Mom played Mariachi music ), she told me that I needed to do something like that. I told her I already was! (KTUFM, 103.5 & 97.7 in NYC metro area play some great dance music, freestyle, house, remixes and mashups)


Its now Christmas Eve, I really have my gift for this year, my freedom. Freedom from being depressed, freedom from sabotaging myself because of poor self esteem, freedom from not feeling guilty that I love myself. Let me tell you, the second half of my life is going to be a real Pissah........

I wish you could see me now, I have this great big smile on my face because I know that love has taken over :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment